Friday, November 16, 2012

Pudsey Bear Cupcakes for Children in Need

As it's Children in Need tonight I thought I'd republish these Pudsey Bear cupcakes that I made last November. I was just starting out on my blogging adventure this time last year and visitors were few and far between so I thought I'd share these Pudsey cakes again as Children in Need is such a good cause. My colleagues donated money in return for a cupcake...why not try the same?
 
 
I love these Pudsey Bear Cupcakes, they look so cute! To make them I used Dr Oetker's Ready to Roll Icing which was extremely handy as it comes in a box with a small packet of each colour featured (except white).


Making the spotty bandana was also easy. I rolled out some white icing which was slightly thicker than needed. I then cut out lots of small circles in blue, green and red using a Wilton No.12 nozzle, these circles were then arranged on the white icing (as below) before lightly rolling over the top which blends the pastes together. This is a great technique which can be used in a variety of ways in your cake designs. Further instructions can be found in Lindy Smith's Contemporary Cake Decorating Bible.

Enjoy Children in Need!

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant - they look very 'Pudsey' and I love the way you did the bandana! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just brilliant, and I love the polka dot bandanas too......such fun! Karen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are greatly appreciated!