The theme for this month's Calendar Cakes is:
The OlympicsDolly Bakes. The theme for June was the Euro 2012 football championships, we had some great entries and you can check out the round up over at Dolly Bakes as Rachel was the official host for June.
So now onwards and upwards...Calendar Cakes is all about celebrating great monthly events...and what could be greater than the 'Greatest Show on Earth'...the Olympic Games.
- A bake inspired by any of the competing countries.
- Support Team GB...red, white and blue or a British baking classic...spotted dick and custard cupcake anyone?
- A gold, silver or bronze bake
- A bake inspired by a particular sport
- A healthy bake for athletes in training
- The Olympic flame, rings or mascots
How will it work?The latest ‘Calendar Cakes’ challenge will be posted on the 1st of every month and will run until the
We'll be hosting alternately, so watch out for our posts at the beginning of each month when we will also set the theme. Once you've decided what you're making..
- Post your entry on your blog and include the ‘Calendar Cakes’ logo (just copy and paste the bad boy in!)
- Add 'Calendar Cakes' as a label on your post.
- Follow Dolly Bakes and Laura Loves Cakes' blogs using the Google Join this Site button.
- Add links on your site to your hosts Dolly Bakes and Laura Loves Cakes.
- If you don’t have a blog you can still join in, just email us a picture and a bit of information about your bake.
- If you're on Twitter, tweet us a link to your post @dollybakes and @lauralovesbakes - otherwise we won't see it! Use the handle #CalendarCakes. We'll retweet the pants off it!
- Email us at ‘email@example.com’ including the recipe title, a link to your blog post and attach a photo that you would like to appear in the round up.
Calendar Cakes Challenge Rules
- You can enter as many times as you like. Bake to your little heart's content.
- It can be your own recipe or one you found elsewhere (please just state where you found it).
- You can use old posts as long as you update them with the 'Calendar Cakes' logo and link back (see above).
- If you want to enter your bake into other challenges too then please feel free.
- You must submit by
28thof every month. Extension this month until 30th July.